Monday, April 4, 2011

In Which Liz Makes a Triumphant (?) Return to teh Interwebz (not a repeat)

It's been busy in the House of Liz.  Really, I wish I could blame that for my long hiatus, but in reality I can't.  At least, not entirely.  Looking back at my archives, it hasn't been as long as I thought, but it's still been too long.  I also wish I could say that I'll fix that and start blogging more often, but I know myself and I know that it probably won't happen...but I had a friend link to my blog in a recent post, so it's been at the forefront of my mind for a couple of days, so I thought I'd fire up the ol' keyboard and give it another go, without the empty "I swear I'll start blogging again" promises.

Aurora's getting so big.  She's walking, talking, throwing tantrums (not my favorite development), and starting to potty train.  I'm going to be so glad not to have to change diapers anymore!

School's on hiatus (again).  Going in the evenings didn't prove to be any less stressful (surprise surprise), and there's just so much else I want to do that school was getting in the way of.

I'm reevaluating where I want to go with Liz's Creations, and I'm super excited about the new direction I'm taking.  Hopefully I'll have some news about that soon.

Baby's awake now, so it's snack time for us.  Perhaps, if I get the mood, I'll blog again tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. On first read I though you said something about Aurora riding the "potty train." And Ozzy Osbourne started singing it in my head. Very amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago, the Day care director told me as I was picking up my son, that he had gotten mad about something, threw himself face 1st on the floor, giving himself a bloody nose.

    She asked, "Does he do that at home?"
    I said, "Oh yeah. I figure a couple more times or so, and he will figure out that it isn't the smartest thing to do."

    I found that the best way to handle tantrums, is to ignore the child completly. They catch on that it's not working for them, and eventually stop waisting their time having them.
    Cheers,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for the link! :) Glad to see ya back!

    ReplyDelete